Thursday, September 15, 2011

"Bringing Fashion to the People": Fashion Blog 2

StyleCaster has finally answered our prayers! Growing up in Ohio I always felt alienated from the true forms of fashion and with Hollister/A&F being the closest I could get to fashion, you could tell. I remember dying to get my hands on a new Vogue and once a month did not cut it for me. StyleCaster.com is "knocking down doors" and letting us "normal" people enter into the fashion world especially during NYFW. Great vid and website too!

On to NYFW: 
First off IN LOVE with Vera Wangs line this season. The sheer, whimsical feel is still expertly tailored to pure perfection. As the show's notes explain it is an "exploration of tailoring and transparency" and that hits the nail on the head. Though the first few pieces used tons of white (who says white after labor day is out?) 

143080_1316010842.jpg

 Vera adds some amazing pops of color (the patterned resembles inside an oyster shell that collided with the rainbow)
143083_1316010843.jpg 
143099_1316010850.jpg
Dreaming: would love to throw this on with a rough black leather jacket...

WHO ARE THEY?
Though clearly I am No Model I can only imagine the confidence and boldness necessary to pull off these looks. Bright colors and sheer clothing need a great happy personality. 

No comments:

Post a Comment