Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pink Airy Fairy

Hello loves! 
First post too excited! I started this for my History of Fashion class (yes! only at SMU would we have such a treat!) Well today were going to be discussing a fun Ark & Co. sundress. Total fav of mine from last summer. Perfect dress for graduation, country club tea, or seeing the grandparents yet, it is fun and flirty enough that with the right accessories it is the perfect date night dress!


 
The light pink airy dress was absolutely a necessity for that hot and sticky grad afternoon. (Whoever thought an outdoor grad was a brilliant idea was obviously out of their right mind. Originally I had planned on wearing a nude belt to accentuate my waist however, the black belt created a more drastic style allowing me to widdle my middle where the dress cinches around my waist!  

Due to the "V" cutout in my back I decided to do a twisted/braided low bun. Thus allowing me to show off my back allowing a settle sexiness. The slits in the sleeves also allowed a little additional drama when the wind would blow along with a cute bellowing of my dress. 

The tiers of the dress is what made me absolutely fall in love with it. The layered look just adds so much to the dress creating more whimsical look on the bottom, the small details truly make a dress.

Pair with my fav Nude Steve Madden Wedges to make those legs just grow! 
This dress reflects me as a person because I tend to look for that classic look for special events with a bit of spunk to it. The little things, in my opinion, can make a successful look complete. As a person this reflects my classic side I love feminine looks with a slight bit of edge to them which describes me to a "T".

1 comment: